Crossley Mill are very pleased, and very proud to announce to all our parents/carers, that we have achieved our Level 3 in “Steps to Quality”
Steps to Quality is a QA scheme available to all childcare providers and schools with an Early years provision. It aims to bring together all the different settings which work with children into a common vision of quality.
The scheme promotes the natural development of an approach towards quality, helping:
• to ensure that all practitioners understand the meaning of quality childcare and education and what is needed to make it happen;
• providers look at how their practice respects and supports each child as an individual;
• develop strategies to sustain quality;
• improve developmental outcomes for children; and
• improve services to families.
Steps to Quality covers many areas including: play, care and inclusion, environment, management, training and development and relationships. There are three levels, or ‘Steps’:
• Step One
The basic standard, which builds on the registration process. It ensures that the main policies and procedures are in place, and links very closely with the requirements of Ofsted standards.
• Step Two
This builds on Step one, looking at the way these policies and procedures support good practice and encourage regular consultation with children and carers.
• Step Three
This builds on the previous two steps. It covers how the setting evaluates, reviews, and plans the service to promote and maintain quality.
Crossley Mill thrives to provide quality childcare for all our children and are delighted to have passed all three ‘Steps’ to “promote and maintain quality” within our setting.